Volunteer Program Requirements
Like many youth sport programs, Wachusett Mountain Race Team (WMRT) is a volunteer, parent run organization. It does not exist without the strong support of our volunteers. WMRT relies on club members to help run our events, from fencing installation to race day officials, gate keepers, course maintenance, registration crews, and other critical activities.
We are fortunate to have a community of volunteers that is made up of parents of existing racers, parents of alumni, and people that have a love of the sport and lifestyle. We believe introducing this formal program will make volunteering and the management and coordination of volunteerism easier for all involved.
- U12 – U21 athlete families are asked to satisfy 4 volunteer credits, and must provide the WMRT BoD a $400 check postdated to March 31, 2022.
- Active EMBWL U12 – U14 athlete families are asked to satisfy 2 volunteer credits, and must provide the WMRT BoD a $200 check postdated to March 31, 2022.
- U8 – U10 athlete families are asked to satisfy 1 volunteer credit, and must provide the WMRT BoD a $100 check postdated to March 31, 2022.
- Volunteer roles will be assigned a credit value.
- Most of these tasks will count as 1 credit.
- Volunteers will register online to work a specific role to satisfy the credit requirements.
- If you are unable to work all of your race credits, you can pay a fee per each credit missed of $100.00 per credit.
How to Get Credit for Hours
- Sign-up via our online program which will be made available and announced well in advance of the event. Look for a club e-mail.
- You must report for your shift on time and complete the entire shift. Shifts may be shared by adult members of the same family - please notify the appropriate Area Supervisor (i.e. Head Gatekeeper, Chief of Course, etc.).
- A Race Area Supervisor will be assigned to each job type. You are required to report to that Race Area Supervisor at the beginning and end of your shift so the appropriate paperwork can be completed.
- Race workers must sign-in on the Worker Sign-in Sheet.
- If you sign up for a job and are unable to work it is your responsibility to find a replacement.
If you have any questions regarding the sign-up process or the status of your hours, please contact.
Additional Volunteer Program Opportunities
In addition to working and prepping for races, club members can satisfy a portion of their race credit requirements by taking on additional responsibilities with running the club.
Club President: 4 credits
Club Vice President: 4 credits
Past President: 4 credits
Club Secretary: 4 credits
Club Treasurer: 4 credits
Club Parent Rep: 4 credits
Race Chairman: 4 Credits
Race Coordinator: 4 credits
Chief of Timing & Crew: 4 credits
Team Coordinator: 4 credits
Volunteer Coordinator: 4 credits